The Daily Challenge


If you are thinking of visiting Savannah or just want to know how something is around the historic part of town then your barking up the right tree. This is your one stop shop to finding out whatever you would like to know. The reason I know that is is because if you ask me to check something out for you, I will. I have already started out figuring out what places are good to eat and reviewing everything from thrift stores to tours here. If there is something you would like to know more about then please leave a comment and I be on my to finding an answer for you! There are three rules to this game though:

1. It must be safe
2. It must be legal
3. It must be in historic Savannah which means between Martin Luther King Blvd on the west, East Broad on the East, Park Ave on the South, and River St. on the North.
There is a map below of the area I review.

Please let me help you make the most of your time in this beautiful city of Savannah!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Paula Deens Rustic Orange Egg Benedict and Mimosa Rooftop



So my first mission which was set out by my dear friend Suzie: to drink mimosa rooftop with eggs benedict. When I read that I thought "What are eggs benedict?" So I did what anyone would do, I googled it. Turns out it did not sound so good. What the hell is hollandaise sauce? Raw egg yolks, butter, salt, pepper, and water. Hell no I was not going to eat that!

So I got to thinking maybe because I am in the south there would be a recipe that did not include raw eggs. I was wrong but Paula Deen did have something that sounded at least a little better. Rustic Orange Eggs Benedict. Now this is more along my taste. So off to the store I went in my PJ's at 11pm last night in search of ingredients.

As my alarm was going off at 8 I was thinking about the raw egg which I was going to be consuming. Into the kitchen I went and started cooking I did. The orange hollandaise sauce didn't turn out quite like I think it was supposed to but damn, raw egg yolk has never tasted to good. THANK YOU PAULA DEEN!!! After breakfast was cook I did what I hate doing, opening a bottle of sparkling wine. Every time I do open one, a swear always comes out, just like when I round the corner and see Mr. 5ft Lego man in the hallway.
All in all it was a wonderful mission to be on. Paula Deen saved me today and the mimosa got me ready for church, or ready for a nap. You all have a wonderful day. Pressing on!
If you would like to give Paula a try (I would greatly recommend) here is the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment